Thursday, December 3, 2009

DecEMbER

One Year has gone. Well, not now, but soon to be gone. Time flies doesn't it? Basically, I am going to try fitting all the 'interesting-must have' incidents that had happened during year 2009.

...........................
January :
-celebrated some friend's birthday in London (that's all I basically could recall as there were pictures taken)
-it's still winter and it's cold so nothing much could've been done

February:
-Sister flew all the way from States to come visit me =) that's so sweeet of her isnt it?
-Basically I was facing some less fortunate -idontwannamentionaboutit- incident and I needed some support and that's i guess when i decided to head home and never return to UK again!

March:
-I remember flying home and the feeling was superb! I missed my family and friends and my dog! However, most of my friends were having examination so didn't really get to spend much time with them.
-I decided to continue my studies in Britain due to some very weird reasons. If I am not mistaken it was because I might not have another chance flying back to Britain if I were to decide to study in M'sia. That spontaneous thought came up to me when I was having a transit in Dubai. Ol' times Ol' times.

April & May:
- Exams are just around the corner. What else can I do besides staying in the library till late at around 2am?
- First time I experience studying in a noisy place and getting used to it.
- First time I learn to listen to music while studying. Usually those doesn't work well when I am back at home. I need to have a quite and peaceful environment in order for things to get into my brain. But at least now I've managed to conquer that habit of mine. Can be good, can be bad!

June:
- Wasssupp!!! It's FREEDOM man!!!! Freedom is calling me! YES! MERDEKA.
- First year of Uni has just flew by. Like that! Fast isn't it? I didn't stay back to go on short trips around Europe. All I did was just flew back home. Again. yes i know. But no where can be better than sleeping in your own bed, in your own room with Ferliz just on my feet!
- I try to spend as much time with my parents as possible doing anything (becoming their chauffeur)
- We're gonna have a new family member joining us next month and we were just all preparing for her arrival

July:
- on the 2nd of July, a baby girl was born and her name is Charis Yeoh! My first niece! I remember that the hospital didn't allow me to enter the nursery as I wasn't Charis' parents nor grandparents. Just aunt. I had to drive my mom every single day to the hospital and wait for her outside the nursery for around half an hour. Gosh I hate that hospital and thank God I am never going there again! Charis' predicted birthdate was on the 26th of July. However due to some circumstances she had to be born 24 days earlier than that. If it was on the 26th, we would've been able to celebrate our birthdays together! But well, both our birthdays still fall on the same month, so it's not that bad really.
-my sister flew from the states to M'sia and stayed for approximately one month. We managed to do and talk and discussed like normal siblings do. I am happy to have her as my sister. Love her to pieceS!

August-September:
-nothing much happened during the month of August.
-September I had two short trips to Penang and Singapore.
-Penang was because my aunt and uncle from London flew down and we met up. I was soooo happy to see all the good foods that I had in Penang. It had been 7 years since I last went there! NO and I meant really. NONE of the the food in Penang can be found anywhere else in the whole Universe. It was THE best seafood,junkfood,desserts etc I every had! Talking about those food make my tummy growl again.
- Singapore was a last minute trip as I recalled the vacation was just few days before I flew back to Uni. It was the first time my dad and I went on a trip together w/out my mom and the first time we took a bus to .. anywhere. Usually we'll drive down but my dad didn't want to as he said that it's tiring. Oh btw, I drove to Penang. We visited a Peranakan Museum where my grandma's pendant was displayed there. Aunt showed us around Gaylang (noticed there weren't anything interesting), went to eat Singaporean local cuisine eg MeePok , Lemak Laksa etc.
- Then I flew back here!
to this shitty place i can say.
It's not UK that's shitty. its just Coventry. IT's a dead town Never come here.

October / November / December-
- I shall merge these three months together as there weren't anything much that happened here.
- I joined a singing competition held by the hong kong society in Warwick, known as WHKS. Got into finals but finals will be during next year February. Nothing much though.
- Skip lectures, attend labs, joined Fitness First for 3 months.
.....
- Weather got cooler around 2 weeks ago. It was a vast difference I can say. oh well =(
- Met up with my aunt in London and stayed over her place during early November as my brother in law from states flew down for a conference in Birm Uni(my another uncle's place) but he didn't stay in Birm for long as he was around just for a week.
- Met with Blen during that stay in London. He brought me around central London, well he wasn't that bad of a tour guide i can say ;)
-Stayed over again at my Birmingham's uncle place during end of Nov and had a wonderful weekend. It felt like I was being home again! eating homecooked food and watching tv on a couch. Just as I wanted. =)
- I've been keeping myself occupied not with studies. I repeat. NOT with studies but with Facebook, Shows and more shows! I watch Gossip Girls, 10 things I hate about you, How I met your mother, Flash Forward, Doctor Who and House. I try to keep myself updated whenver each episode was aired. I can't study when I dont have a reason to study. Sighs. Lazy me.
- I will be meeting up with Lu next Thursday on the 10th of Dec. She's currently(if i'm not mistaken) in Switzerland and will be going to London next week before heading back towards Msia.

That's basically it!
I will be flying off to the States on the Monday,14th! and for now, I am still stuck in this place.

Love,
Linda!

0 comments: