i was reading through an email and i would love to share some phrases that i read.
1.When you forgive, forgive by faith, not by your feelings. We live by faith, not feelings. (2 Corinthians 5:7) Some people are waiting for feelings — “I am waiting, Father, for the right emotion to come on me to forgive.” You will wait forever!
No, forgive by faith, and do it once and for all. Spend time in prayer. Take out your diary and write it down: “Father, I bring this person before you. You know what he did to me. Father, as You forgave me through Jesus’ cross, even though I did not deserve it, by faith, I now forgive this person and I let my anger against him go in Jesus’ name. Amen!”
2. Once you forgive by faith this way, you will see the sting of bitterness removed from your heart. You will experience the peace and joy of God filling your mind, and see a greater measure of wholeness in your body!
3.“This one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind I press forward to what lies ahead” (Philippians 3:13).
4.The only way to really get to know someone is by spending time with that person - lots of time. Sustained separation will cause a once close relationship to fade into a distant memory. A close and intimate relationship can be sustained only by close and intimate contact on a regular basis. This is true of any human relationship.
somehow, everything that was in the email reflected what is happening in my life... it is an answer. it should be.
Peace
just for me to reminisce when I am 80.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod
0 comments:
Post a Comment